The J.P. Carlton 2015 Apache chipper shares many of the quality design features of its bigger brother – the 2518 – while coming in a smaller, lighter, more compact size.
Aggressive feeding is handled by the exclusive long arm pivot top feed roller. This long arm pivot design keeps the top feed roller close to the drum with a lift path that closely matches the contour of the drum – minimizing the dead space and “hang ups.” The dual feed wheels are powered by three hydraulic drive motors working on two independent circuits to further maximize pulling power.
The 2015 Apache utilizes J.P. Carlton’s exclusive Air Vortex Control to channel and accelerate discharge air, giving the 2015 high discharge velocities and great chip throwing power.
- Massive 15 ¾” Top Feed Wheel pulls in the logs and brush with ease.
- Three Hydraulic Feed Motors provide the most pulling power available.
- LED Taillights mounted high on the infeed out of harm’s way. The 2015’s taillights have heavy-duty covers for extra protection. Wiring is loomed and soldered for added protection and weather resistance.
- Massive 20″ x 15″ Throat Opening is the largest in its class and easily handles the largest tops.
- Rigid 3/8″ Feed Table resists bending under the day-to-day stresses of chipping.
- Dual Lift and Crush Cylinders provide crushing power when necessary and allow easy access to the anvil. Mounting these dual lift cylinders low on the sides allows for a full 360-degree chute rotation.
- Tandem Hydraulic System provides hydraulic fluid independently to the feed wheel. This system ensures the most power at all times to the feed system. By running this system directly off the engine, all hydraulic functions are available without engaging the drum.
- Optional Hydraulic Winch gets the big material to the chipper.
- Heavy-Duty 1½” Feeder Bar
- Hand Crank Swivel Discharge quickly and easily allows the operator to fill the largest capacity chip trucks corner to corner, or direct the chips to a precise place on the lot.
- Hand Crank Height Adjustable Discharge Chute allows the operator to quickly adjust the discharge perfectly for any truck.
- 14 Ply Rated Heavy-Duty Tires
- Long Arm Pivot Design allows the feed wheel to easily and smoothly open over the largest butt ends.
2015A: 140 Horsepower John Deere 4 Cylinder Turbo Charged Diesel T4 with def tank
2015E: 165 Horsepower Ford 6 Cylinder Gas